I Hate School Holidays
I spent most of my school holidays cleaning up, doing work, growling and also getting into trouble for things that I didn’t start. Now that Colenso is back in town he is very lazy, all he wants to do is watch tv, play on the ipad (he calls it Opad) and doesn’t do a single thing that’s got to do with work, that includes doing his bed ( which he knows how to do). And I hate to say it, but I hate doing everything when others aren’t helping.
The first week just flew by fast.
Saturday...
The first Saturday Colenso had in Kaikohe in three whole months, we all went to Parihaka marae for a meeting, although it included a bus tour I was still happy to go anywhere thats got to do with marae, because…
Marae + Meeting = Hakari! And I love having hakari at a marae. This hakari had the most moist, most yummiest chicken I had ever encountered, it was so nice I could eat a whole platter by myself, and you know what else it was better than KFC!
The holidays were going great, the only thing that would've made it even better, would be the part when we would go to Matauri Bay where my awesome cousin’s are and my Nan. I like to go to Matauri Bay to be adventurous and play in the forest. Even when we get lost, we always find a way to go back to the house. I feel as free as the wind going into the forest because I am myself. I make a huts that is made out of everything I see, especially fallen branches.
Another reason why I love to going to Nan’s house is because of my one and only comedian cousin, Te Inoi. She tells us the funniest jokes when we don’t have anything to say and we don’t expect it. There are so many things we do together that I miss when we go don’t get to go to Nan’s.
Well when I’m with Te Inoi, we think the impossible and make it possible! Now that’s what would've made my holiday greater!
tino nui tenei tuhituhi Te ReRe
ReplyDeleteHi Te Rere, i love your story. But you need to make more sense so we feel like where the person.
ReplyDeleteForm Hohepa
Tino nui tenei tuhituhi Te ReRe. My faverate part was when you wrote Marae + Meeting = Hakari! Keep up the great work.
ReplyDelete